06 October, 2014

Instagram

I recently joined Instagram.

For those of you who have not had the introduction, here are two versions.

1.Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them on a variety of social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr.(as described by wikipedia)

2.Instagram is a fast, beautiful and fun way to share your life with friends and family. Take a picture or video, choose a filter to transform its look and feel, then post to Instagram — it's that easy. You can even share to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more.(as described by Instagram, themselves)

Basically, for a person who likes looking at pictures, it's picture heaven.

I am addicted. I post, I look at others posts, I connect with others who like the same thing as I do or stretch me and show me things I did not know about and now I love. I have been introduced to new artists, new online friends and new worlds. Voyeurism at it's legitimate best.

It's quick, it's almost constant and it feeds that part of my ADHD brain that wants novelty and variety, hence it is slightly addictive. I am guilty of over participating in posting but the instant feed back about some of my work is very valuable. Feedback from people who do not know me personally and therefore offer honest critiques are invaluable. I like that. It's scary and that's good for me.

Then there's the hashtag issue #

Hashtags (#) are used so that people interested in the same thing can receive your images via recommendations(should you turn that facility on). If I post a painting, the proper way to hashtag is #landscapepaint# oilpainting   ..that kind of thing. Not me. I hashtag #ishouldbemakingdinner or #toomuchturpsmakesmehallucinate. Hardly correct, but more honest and fun.#iamanidiot

So, if you want less talk and more photos, follow me on instagram.

This is an instagram photo of the beehives at the apple orchard. About to spring into blossom, the bees have some work to do #showmethehoney.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...