10 August, 2017

Breathing space

All the works for my upcoming exhibition with glassmaker Di Tocker at Gallery de Novo in Dunedin are completed. And when I say completed, I mean signed, varnished , named and photographed. Seriously completed. Done. Dusted. Done and dusted.

I have moved them ( all 20 pieces) out of the studio into the room I annexed specifically for completed work...shall we call it a the viewing room?...and now there is a vacuum in the studio. The space that was filled with months and months worth of work...is now empty. The thing is, I feel empty too. I love the work. I am happy with it, but I thought I could move straight on to new work...and I cannot.  Di tells me that I need a break and to enjoy the time, but it has come at a time when a break is NOT what I want! I want to work! I want to paint! Charles is away on a three week trip through Australia, the boys are engrossed in school and studying....its the perfect time to be engrossed in painting, unapologetically , 100%, forget to eat,bathe and drink into painting...and I'm spent. I need a break, like it or not.

So, tomorrow I begin my break from the studio.

I have no idea what I am going to do, but if I pitch up on your doorstep, be nice. Make me a cup of tea, show me something interesting, give me a book you think I would like to read ...whatever, just throw something at me and let's see if it sticks.

The universe keeps saying "Tasmania" to me. I am going to chase that lead.

This one is called " Chasing Waterfalls"








No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...