23 July, 2010

A superb winters day


The sunshine in mid-winter has such a different quality of light to it in comparison with mid-summer. I have caught myself sitting, watching my view and the light on the animals in the paddocks , and it has been absolutely captivating.
I live adjacent to a magnificent horse stud and benefit from fabulois tabloid of animals that I see from my windows.Most of the horses are dark, but this guy is amazing! When the light starts to fade he becomes almost luminous.It's crazy beautifull to witness. So.......I avoided trying to capture that and painted him by afternoon light..it was easier!

SOLD

2 comments:

  1. I just love this one. How you've captured the light is amazing and makes him almost three dimensional.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...