14 May, 2011

Graphic fish

Forgive me. When I am on a roll, I gotta go with it and it seems I have a thing for fish right now. I was having coffee with a friend, discussing this latest interest,  and it came to me that I think it is the whole juxtaposition of beauty and death. Or may not. Maybe I just like painting dead fish. Either way, something about it is compelling. Maybe beauty in death? After death? Anyhoo,I decided to paint a selection of mackerel (strangely enough, dead) but I realised I had only 30 minutes before the kids arrived home(sound the horn!Armageddon arrives at 4pm!) so I painted this somewhat graphic style interpretation of those poor, wee mackerel.
The fishmonger is starting to look at me strangely.

1 comment:

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...