20 August, 2012

Soothing landscape scenes

I am painting cows.....still! The colours seems to be getting increasingly riotous. It is a lot of fun but quite hectic. I am trying to increase the scale to which I am working and, dear friends, it is a lot easier said than done! Some things just do not translate and then some things do and so one has to experiment and experiment and then experiment some more. If they work out, I will show them to you.

After a few days of working with purples , reds and oranges , I wanted a soothing palette and an undemanding scene, so I have painted these two Robert Roth inspired landscapes. Still practicing my skies in oils. I love how oils feel and work but they are unforgiving and I have enjoyed working with the quick drying acrylics this last few weeks.

8x8inch
20x20cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...