29 May, 2012

Still life with Sigi

This is a foray into still Life painting.Not my usual genre, but what the hell. I read/ watched a wonderful tutorial given by Carole Marine (on the website www. Dailypaintworks.com) on color saturation and general colour theory. Man, it was a lightbulb moment for me. I used it today and I cannot believe how easy it was to get the colours and greys that I wanted. Anyway, I thought I would try a still Life with Sigi . He belongs Julius , who wants to keep him, but is worried his friends would tease him if they saw a baby string pull toy in his room. So how about a painting of Sigi instead??? I hope he likes it.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Hope he gets to keep the real one too? In a draw maybe?? :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...