04 July, 2012

The joy of painting fish.

I am loving painting fish right now. Weird , I know, but I have learned to just paint what I like as THAT'S when I am my most honest and when I am happy with the end result.

I am listening to Artists Helping Artists podcasts as I paint . I find that listening to the discussion allows me to loosen up and not get too tight and detail focused . Yeah, they distract me! The irony is not lost on me!!!! I download them off ITunes and they are about 1 hour long, almost the exact time it takes me to paint a 6 x 8 inch painting. Serendipitous, methinks.


20x17cm
Oil on gesso'd hardboard

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic colours and patterns! Are you eating all these fish? Just thinking you will be sooo healthy by the time you move onto your next subject...cakes maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!!!! I like your thinking! If you see me start painting wine bottles, start to worry!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...