17 July, 2012

Summer landscape

I took the reference photo for this painting last summer. Summer feels an age away. Anyway,I had read an article about an artist who takes photos as he is driving( I trust he is the passenger)and uses them to create his paintings. He never gets bored of the scenery as it is not his daily stomping ground, so to speak. His paintings are very atmospheric, so the blurriness of the resultant photos actually suited his style. I am always keen to try new things, so what better time than when being driven by my husband through gorgeous scenery!
I took some photos and very few were usefull, but this one was and with a bit of tweaking( editing my thumb!) it is lovely. Now , I wish I knew where this was........no idea!? Coromandel peninsula east coast, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...