25 July, 2015

Adventures in Africa

I am in a borrowed studio, improvising when I find I have forgotten something, revelling in the new subject matter. The light is amazing!


I am wearing out my phone battery with the number of photos I am taking and I have to buy a new sketchbook already. I am too scared to open the iCloud in case I swamp my family's devices( we all share a cloud. I thought it was a good idea until I realise I hog all the memory space.sorry sorry).

Anyways, today I went to Stellenbosch and took a gazillion( actual number) of photos and sketched in my favourite al fresco cafe in the whole wide world, The Katjiepiering ( roughly translates to The Gardenia) at the Stellenbosch Botanical Gardens. That place is a treasure and has a place in my heart. I totally eavesdropped a courting couple . I sat in a sunbeam. I drank tea . All by myself. Too fabulous.

Now I am back in the studio, easy to paint this afternoon.or maybe I will nap in a sunbeam!!!!



My borrowed surface.


My drying work


-
My warmup piece !

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Somerset West,South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...