22 June, 2017

Getting naked on a Sunday evening

Have I told you that I am going to a life drawing session on a Sunday night?

No?

Well, I am.

In Fact, I was invited by two artists whom I had not met in person (we each inhabit our own hermit shells. It's ridiculous, really) and the group meet at the Waikato Society of Potters on a Sunday evening and draw lovely bodies for two hours. I love a weird invitation.

The Waikato Society of Potters studio is fabulous place to draw in. It is covered in a fine dusting of clay powder, extruders bolted to walls, shelf upon shelf of items drying or waiting for their firing, first or second, I know not. Potters wheels, electric cords hanging from ceilings and odd notes tacked onto every allspice( " Items not removed from this bench will be thrown out!" dated 2016. Items still very much there)

Now, I don't often draw the figure. In my work, it's rather an anomaly ,but it was for that very reason that I embraced the opportunity. Say yes to the undressed.









I worked out fairly quickly that I like a sketchy image, not a perfectly executed rendition of a figure. I want mystery and shape and confusion and suggestion. Can you understand why buying me a birthday present is such a nightmare for my dear ones?!!

The boys had bought me some watercolour inks a few years back and I used them, drawing with the dropper and adding lines with a fine liner if I felt that way inclined.

I loved the sketchiness !

I missed last Sunday but will be back for this Sunday's session.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...