03 December, 2018

Round and round we go

It is the tradition of two of the galleries I work with to host Christmas exhibitions that feature most of their stable of artists , all painting on the same size and shaped board.

Here are my submissions

Gallery De Novo
www.gallerydenovo.co.nz

Take a trip1,2 and 3














And at Muse Gallery in Havelock North

www.museart.nz







See what I mean? You can imagine a wall of these ,  like baubles on a tree.


I do love a round . The round shape forms part of the composition in a much more overt or conscious way, quite unlike the rigid rectangle or square. The rounds suggest that anything might be plausible. 
Skew Horizon? Totally legit.
Perspective all wonky? Totally legit.
Proportions weird? Totally legit.

See why I am partial to a shape that encouraged oddness? Total legitness.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...