08 May, 2019

o crap, it's May

I am convinced that each year passes faster than the last.

It is May. The fifth month of the year and I am only just getting used to writing 2019.

ah.................

As I think back and remind myself of what I did in April, I feel a bit better.


  • I painted a commission painting for clients who loved it. I was so pleased. So satisfying to get it right...and maybe exceed expectations?!
  • I made contact with a new gallery and started negotiations
  • I cleaned the studio
  • I went to a few movies. Marvel :End game and Woman at War.....quite different choices!first was not my own .
  • I took the dogs walking, several times . They chased cats and I pretended they weren't my dogs.  O the shame!!!!
  • I Painted en plein air
  • I painted the study, the laundry and the pantry
  • I made a valiant effort to declutter the study
  • I bought more clutter for the study. sigh.
  • I painted
  • I thought about painting
  • I painted and wiped it off
  • I painted over an old painting....and made it worse. No redemption there.
  • I spent waaaaaaay too much time on Instagram. It made me feel sad. 
  • I read a few books...they made me feel better.
  • I went to Auckland Art fair. " Good morning, Madam. Can I interest you in a serving of shame and status?". Always illuminating.Not always about the art.
  • I started a few Netflix series and as a warning to other...this is a modern day rabbit hole. Drugs seem safer. Cheshire Cat's abound.
  • I sold a painting or two to lovely people who reminded me how much I love talking to people about art. Bless you.
  • I sent a painting to a brave woman who chose to trust me and bought it having only seen it via email. It was a gesture of trust on both our parts and very satisfying indeed.
  • I bought more books and did more reading.This time, about painting.
  • I watched a lot of sunsets and I chose to lie in bed a a bit longer in the morning.
  • I cooked a lot. I ate a lot.
  • I had dinner with friends....... and lunch and breakfast.
  • I made sure the kids were happy and watched their sports games.....many car conversations between games and events. 
  • I watered my plants and we agreed I was doing a good job keeping them alive, contrary to early predictions.

............and throughout all of this time, I felt I was not doing enough.


What is wrong with me?! I am fucking exhausted just reading this!!!

Bring on June.........................2020. I plan to calm the hell down.




Lanscape in Canon 1-4

Singing in canon is when you sing in the round. Remember "Row, row , row your boat"??

Wikipedia says......
A round (also called a perpetual canon) is a musical composition, a limited type of canon, in which a minimum of three voices sing exactly the same melody at the unison (and may continue repeating it indefinitely), but with each voice beginning at different times so that different parts of the melody coincide in the different voices, but nevertheless fit harmoniously together .

Get it? Good luck trying to get that song out of your head now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...