19 May, 2013

Gillard road Barn

Just down the road, about 2 km, is a farm with a barn pushed up against a stand of wonderfully old Kahikatea trees. I have lived on this road for 8 years and I drive it regularly ( so regularly it is in that dangerous "accidents within 5km of home" zone)  and only noticed it last year. Clearly I have been concentrating on the road and now my mind is just wandering because I can't help but look at it every time I drive that stretch now!  All the swerving makes the kids nervous because it is just before a highly dangerous bend in the road.

Barely noticed
oil on canvas
45 x 30 cm

Close up of fence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...