06 February, 2015

New from the studio

Well, work has resumed. Kids are back at school and I have shooe-ed all the spiders and the cat out of the studio and claimed my space again.

So,here's whats on the easels:


Detail of tree forms 

too much fun!

The top bit of the painting

side view

drying against the wall( hence the reason the cat has been evicted: he likes to rub up against wet paint :-((((

A start on my south island paintings

I am doing some works on drafting film (Mylar) and getting to grips with the way the paint moves on this surface and what I can get it to do without changing any of the paint's archival  qualities. It's part experimentation, part intuition and part balls-to-the-wall courage. No one likes to paint something and then deliberately destroy it, but to see what I can come up with, I have to push some boundaries and be prepared to lose a few paintings in the process. It's a bit like driving a car fast. Sometimes I only have one wheel on the ground! It's thrilling but the insurance companies won't touch me!

I am hoping to return to the South Island in winter to do a bit of plein air painting. It is all in the planning stages, at the moment, but I was so taken with the land and the landscape down there. There is a most unusual light and the colour of the land and rock in that light spoke to something in me that said" you belong here". Maybe when I spend a week in minus 6 degrees temps I will hear other voices, who knows. 

I have downloaded new music and hope to get some painting under my belt this week. I have galleries clamouring for new work and an exhibition or two to get ready for. I am in my happy place. Thank you, Universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...