05 June, 2012

Small paintings

This was fun! A 6x8 " ( 15 x 20cm) challenge......small paintings!! But you know what.......I just loved it! I was free and easy with my brushstrokes, nothing was labored and it felt good to paint and get a result that I was happy with. My new insight into color mixing made it a breeze to get the right color and tone that I was looking for.

I am not sure of the name of the white breed of cow in the last painting. I will ask the farmer next time I am over that way.

It is pouring with rain and I am wearing my new Boonies gumboots indoors to keep my feet warm. I am looking forward to painting outdoors again and hope my new boots keep my tootsies warm. They are rather fetching to boot( rolls around laughing at own joke. Sad)

I am about to get really busy for a couple of months as I begin my 6 month stint with refugee settlement services as a volunteer. I am sure I will fit the painting in but the standard of housekeeping might slip during that time!!!! Priorities, folks!
Interesting times.

1 comment:

  1. Yup, housework is about there on my priorities list too! Guess thats how you know you will like someone even if they live the other side of the world :D

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...