02 September, 2013

Seascape nocturne

Using the same colours as yesterday.

This was the scene from the beach at Waipu cove when I visited earlier this year  ( summer seems such a long time ago........).I knew it would be a fullish moon and I had intended to paint that night ,but after a full days painting in the sun and wind picking up, I settled for drawing a few sketches and making notes. My camera was useless in this situation.

My notes and sketches provided all the nuances and reference that I wanted.

Across Bream bay
acrylic on canvas
30 x 60 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...