02 January, 2015

30 paintings in 30 days

I have decided to join the painters challenge of 30 paintings in 30 days organised by Leslie Saeta (click the link here http://lesliesaeta.blogspot.co.nz) . The object of the exercise is to paint each day for 30 days continuously. Now, I paint fairly regularly , but I thought this this deadline of a painting a day would be great for me to try some different things, work on starts, try limited palette or just different subject matter. The object is nothing other than to paint each day.A bit like having a personal trainer vs me just lolling about THINKING of exercising!

First day was this:
Xmas Scarab Beetle
oil on canvas


 A Xmas scarab beetle...... not really my thing but Julius has dibs on it.



Day 2 Landscape
Oil on hardboard
30 x 30 cm(coincidence!)
$80


I am struggling to paint small. This is 30 x30 cm...small! I am so used to painting over a meter now that this is almost impossible. But you know, that's where the challenge lies, so I am going to carry on. I think perhaps a few plein air ones would not be amiss...but I need to drag the kids off with me  as such is the life of a painting mom.The idea of sitting outside, sans computers , is anathema to them! I think it might be worthwhile to take my headphones with to drown out their bleating.

I will be away for a week, away from computers, but will take my watercolours and paint non-the less. I may not be able to post for those days, but I will post all the paintings here when I return.

30 paintings in 30 days.......who knows what's going to manifest itself from this challenge!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...