03 September, 2012

Raglan beach and itchy legs

This was a interesting day. I tried to paint on the beach but was attacked by too many sand flies and way to much self consciousness , so I packed up and trekked up( it is a bloody steep walk!) to the capark. As I stopped for a breather (My old Grumbarcher easel is beautifully but heavy) I turned back towards the beach and saw this vista. But I was too buggered to paint, too itchy to concentrate and the path is narrow and not ideal to set up an easel, so I took a photo and worked from that and some notes I made at the scene( first note : bring insect repellant next time).

Oil on canvas board
25 x 35 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...