04 July, 2013

Final Straight

I have been wanting to finish this painting for months now. I started in acrylics but just could not get the  paint to work the way I wanted it to work. I have a love/hate relationship with acrylics that is going to need some intervention in the near future. I love that it dries quickly so you can layer the paint but I also hate it for drying so quickly that blending is difficult...then there is the texture issue.

 Honestly, I just need a good play with a whole variety of acrylics ( fluid, heavy bodies, all the mediums) to get to the point where I know what I am working with.  Hardly seems like hard work but it can get expensive...! So I went with the oils because I know that mistress best right now.

Ok, back to the horses. I need to get my head round abstracting the horses shapes. What I mean is I want to paint horses that look like horses without actually drawing horses.

Silence.

yeah.


ok.

Step away from the turps..........

Final straight
oil on canvas
 45 x 60 cm






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...