13 August, 2013

From outside to inside

I worked up the plein air painting of the railway line into a studio painting. I added the train for interest (and because I had a few reference photos) and I had more time and a controlled environment (no wind and rain!).

I really enjoyed working this up again as it gave me time to think about what I wanted to convey in the scene and how I wanted to achieve this. With the 24 hour delay between the two paintings I was able to cement those ideas in my head and worked from a very limited palette..almost a Zorn palette: Ultramarine blue, cadmium red light , yellow ochre, titanium white and I also used a bit of black (mixed with ochre for the green) and Alizarin crimson..a smidge.

The service track
oil on canvas
25 x 35 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...