19 August, 2013

Studio move

I am taking the time this week to move my studio into the larger room , currently occupied my children. Previously known as the family room, this room has lovely, natural ,south light, huge windows, lots of space ...ideal for me!!!. So, that has meant moving all the tv, internet etc connections over so that the poor children are not inconvenienced by their mother's annexation of their territory. Simple idea, not so simple to execute.

The technician who arrived to move the TV satellite and establish a new point for les enfants was too unfit  to navigate the spaces of the roof cavity. Seriously. BOOM. my mind blew ( and it was only 9.30am!) Roof spaces are his office. How dreadful to have to be physically unsuited to your daily job? That would stress me immensely He described himself as clumsy. He had the temerity to blame the various issues with the roof space on me and say it was impossible to work up there. I had great delight in explaining that the plumber did just fine and that was further in the space than he had even ventured. I phoned the service provider, explained (without being too sarcastic) the issue and asked for a technician who, in a past life, has been either a gymnast or a circus performer.
I wait with bated breath.

Also. The internet needs to reach into the furthest corner of the new studio and so the telecommunications people are sending a technician out tomorrow to help me. Please tune in for THAT chapter tomorrow. Cue the circus music, just in case.......

On top of all this, my darling husband is about to embark on another motorbiking adventure, this time in Canada and again, off-road. He will hopefully arrive in Seattle, collect the bikes( he travels with his mate, Dave.) and touch base with my cousins on Vancouver Island and then make his way towards the Rockies. He is doing this injured(he separated his shoulder snowboarding 3 weeks ago) and for 5 weeks! The kids may have baked- beans -on- toast- for- dinner toxicity by the time he returns! I am always excited for him and marvel at the way he engineers cool things in his life to add spice and variety to his existence. I think that's why he likes me too!

So, upheaval all around. I am using the enforced downtime to think, mull and re-think some ideas. I also have to sort out an inventory and a storage plan for paintings......so, to do that, I spend hours on Pinterest. Yes, black holes of time exist and it is called Pinterest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...