03 March, 2014

I went on an inspiration mission







My friend Dave took me on an inspiration mission to photograph the landscape. It does not really look like green new Zealand because we have not had rain for a while and it is a summer drought, the maize is yellowing off and frankly, it looks far more african than antipodean right now!

I loved the flight and was buzzing for the rest of the day and half the night. I snuck into the studio late sunday evening  and sketched a little, but with any luck, will have a few paintings on the go by the end of the week. Next time I go up with Dave the landscape will no doubt be back to it's usual verdant green self, but I am glad I captured this monochrome palette.

I took almost 300 photos!

Thanks, Dave!Best pilot ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the hoops you have to jump through to post a comment, but I am being assaulted by spammers. I would love to hear from you, so please persist! Thanks, jennie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...